The photo at right is a close up of some peculiar 'tabs' and an odd American flag facsimile patch worn by an active duty member of the U.S. military serving in Mosul, Iraq. If you are unfamiliar with what these emblems refer, let me explain.
The 'three percent' tab and the flag patch identify him as a 'three percenter'. What is a 'three percenter'? During the American revolution, the active forces in the field fighting the tyranny of King George never amounted to more than three percent of the population of the colonies. Today, 'three percenters' are those who understand that America will lose the freedom won by the original three percent if we continue to allow the federal government to take our guns away from us.
Oath Keeper refers to an effort begun earlier this year, to remind active duty members of the military, veterans, of their oath to protect and defend the constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic, heavy emphasis on the word 'domestic'. Oath Keepers understand that their allegiance is to the Constitution, not the politicians; this includes the President. Oath Keepers members acknowledge that there are orders which they will not follow.
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrant less searches of the American people
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
The Oath Keepers Mission Statement declares;
"If you, the American people, are forced to once again fight for your liberty in another American Revolution, you will not be alone. We will stand with you."
Oath Keepers founder, Stewart Rhodes, is a former member of Congressman Ron Paul's Washington, D.C., staff, as well as a graduate of the Yale School of Law and a former Army paratrooper disabled during a night jump. Rhodes began Oath Keepers on March 2, 2009 on Blogger. I became aware of them on March 14th. The efforts of Oath Keepers became phenomenally successful and by Oct. 20, they had officially moved to their new dot org site. Up until now, Oath Keepers had been fortunate to slip under the liberal radar, with the notable exception of the Marxist front group, Southern Poverty Law Center, which said that they were a "a particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival." Now, the moonbats are sounding the alarm, (see here, and here) including Chris Matthews.
Oath Keepers membership numbers in the thousands. Now that the left is aware of them, and will unwittingly give them all the press that they deserve, look for their ranks to rapidly swell to the hundreds of thousands. The MSM is good for something after all.