If one goes is a frequent visitor to the Real Clear Politics website, one might wonder how it is that Obama is maintaining a sizeable approval rating even while there is so much public outcry against all that he is doing. There have been hundreds of 'tea party' protests all across the country, and more being planned all the time. Yet, Obama's approval numbers remain above 50%.
Contrary to the impression which one might gather from the lack of media coverage of the 'tea parties', they are not going to be a short lived occurrence, nor are the grievances of the attendees trivial. They accuse Obama and the Democratically controlled Congress of;
- voting for a $750 billion spending bill without even reading it.
- spending trillions of borrowed dollars, which is rapidly debauching our currency, will lead to run away inflation, and leave a debt (est. $12.5 trillion by 2019) that our grand-children will be shackled with.
- consistently giving special interest groups billions of dollars in earmarks to help get themselves re-elected?
- refusing to utilize the ample energy resources of the U.S. to achieve energy independence.
- wanting to take the wealth from those who have earned it and redistribute it to those who did not.
- punishing those who practice responsible financial behavior and reward those who do not?
- using the financial hurt of millions as an opportunity to push their political agenda?
- running up trillions of dollars of debt and then sell that debt to countries such as China?
- wanting to establish government-controlled health care which is debilitatingly expensive and has been a colossal failure everywhere it has been tried.
- wanting to take away the right to vote with a secret ballot in union elections.
- refusing to stop the flow of millions of illegal immigrants into our country and adequately defend our borders.
- appointing a defender of child pornography to the No. 2 position in the Justice Dept.
Not surprisingly, the main stream media is not showing the big picture. While it is true that Comrade Obama's approval numbers, though they are dropping, still remain high, his negatives are rising rapidly. The number of people who disapprove of the job that Obama is doing has risen from 30% on Inauguration Day, to 43% today.
At Rasmussen Reports both the approval numbers and the disapproval numbers are taken into consideration to arrive at an approval index figure. It is calculated by subtracting the percentage of those strongly disapprove from those who strongly approve. The tracking of the index numbers show that Obama's Approval Index has declined from +28 on Inauguration Day, to just +4 today. At this rate of decline, Obama's Approval Index will likely be in the negative before April 30th; Comrade Obama's 100th day in office.
Troublesome Bible Examples
7 years ago